We live in a world and age where looking perfect and having a youthful appearance has become a must, especially in select circles. Women want to be beautiful and are willing to go the extra mile just to make sure all the signs of aging disappear. One of the most interesting facial plastic surgery procedures women and men can use to change the aspect of their face and to get rid of wrinkles is Botox.
Botox is an artificial drug prepared from Botulin, a very toxic protein. This substance is now used worldwide to reduce wrinkles, treat twitchy eyes, help people with bladder issues and even help reduce migraines. Of course, Botox also comes with its disturbing drawbacks.
For starters, here are the benefits of getting Botox injections.
Pros of Using Botox
– Mend Migraines: according to the specialists from the FDA, Botox can be used to treat severe migraines and prevent headaches in patients prone to this condition. Many people from the US and UK have already reported a decrease in the frequency and intensity of migraines.
– Correct Crossed-Eyes: this substance can help cure strabismus (or crossed eyes). Additionally, it can be used for people with blepharospasm and diplopa (or blurred vision). Botox has the unique potential to relax the muscles of the eye, enabling them to heal much faster.
– Removes Wrinkles: one of the biggest benefits of Botox is that it can be used to remove wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes and the mouth.
– Fight Sweat: people who deal with hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating might find Botox to be a great remedy for their problem.
– Bladder Control: people who experience regular bladder incontinence would find Botox to be of a real help. Once this substance is injected into the bladder, this muscular membranous sac increases in volume, thereby reducing incontinence.
– Increased Self-Esteem and Lifts up the Spirit: one of the benefits of Botox is that it can actually make people happy. Because most people who use Botox can capitalize on one of its benefits, the result is happiness and an increased self esteem. Whether you need Botox to look younger, to look prettier, to fight sweat, correct crossed-eyes or to control your bladder problem, the end result is more satisfaction and a happier life.
Cons of Botox
Even though this substance has its share of benefits, and is considered by many doctors a miracle toxin, it still remains a toxin. Some of the drawbacks of using Botox include:
– Potential Allergic Reactions: even though very few people actually will experience these negative reactions, the threat is still there.
– Partial Facial Paralysis: a chance of permanent paralysis is extremely rare. However, many people experienced short periods of paralysis in the muscles around the eyes.
– Droopy Eyelids: this side effect lasts for up to two months in most of the cases.
– Nausea and Extreme Fatigue: some people experience a strong sensation of nausea and fatigue for the first two weeks after taking Botox injections.
The Bottom Line
All in all, Botox injections can be extremely beneficial in various circumstances. However, only consult trusted facial plastic surgeons in houston and ask for a prescription before using Botox.